If you said public speaking, you would not be alone.
Most of us have seen the research that says we are more afraid of public speaking than dying.
Presentation Quotes provide inspiration, motivation, and encouragement to help you knock your next presentation out of the park.
Maybe you are thinking that you do not plan to give a presentation in the near future. But we all give presentations. Even speaking in small groups is a type of presentation.
Recently, I noticed that several students dropped out of my social media class and signed up for a more advanced computer science class.
I told them that it was fine that they had dropped the class and selected another class, but that I was curious as to why they dropped the fun social media class for a more demanding class. The students explained that they found out they were going to have to speak publicly on a Google Hangout. Their fear of speaking in public caused them to miss out on learning about social media.
Because of their fear of speaking in public, they were willing to do twice as much work during the summer semester!
This presentation is for my students and others who are afraid of speaking in public. I hope these quotes by famous people will inspire you as much as it does me. If you don’t have time to read all 101 quotes, I pulled out 10 quotes that mean the most to me — you can find them right below the SlideShare.
My Top 10 Favorite Quotes (An Attempt to Narrow Down 101 Awesome Quotes)
1) “In order to succeed, your desire for success most be greater than your fear of failure.” ~ Bill Cosby
2) “I think no one, or very few, are born good presenters. It’s a skill you learn.” ~ Guy Kawasaki
3) “Only the prepared speaker deserves to be confident.” ~ Dale Carnegie
4) “Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.” ~ Zig Ziglar
5) “Be interesting, be enthusiastic…..and don’t talk too much.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
6) “Courage is being scared to death & saddling up anyway.” ~ John Wayne
7) “You cannot climb the ladder of success dressed in the costume of failure!” ~ Zig Ziglar
8) “I think there’s just one kind of folks. Folks” ~ Harper Lee
9) “There are always three speeches: the one you practiced, the one you gave, and the one you wish you gave.” Dale Carnegie
10) “A good speech should be like a woman’s skirt ~ long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.” Winston Churchill
What was your favorite quote from the presentation? Which other quotes do you know that motivate you to be a better speaker?